Sunday, December 4, 2011

On The Road: MAINx24 In Chattanooga

IMG_2185
IMG_2364
IMG_2459
IMG_2114
IMG_2361
IMG_2152
IMG_2427
IMG_2213
Saturday I returned to my street fashion blogging roots when Chattanooga hosted MAINx24. The subject of my very first blog's fourth posting, Glamour In The Garden was the 2008 event's fashion show. Little did I then know that one year later, Sondra and Travis Aten would co-produce with me a radically different, Wes Anderson-themed show of vintage and upcycled looks. South side Chattanooga applauded our theatricality and a tradition was born. The Atens put together a Tim Burtonesque feature last year and, for 2011, collaborated with Zombi Candi for an over-the-top, John Waters inspired celebration of hair, hot rods, hair products and sundry sixties stuff. For more runway images and some looks behind the scenes, please follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...