Thursday, January 13, 2011

Street Photography














Candid images from the street were my first lens loves. The remarkable visions of people like Henri Cartier-Bresson, Elliott Erwitt and Helen Levitt inspired me to follow their quest for moments of archetype, humor and irony that may be found in the public lives of strangers. That taste for authenticity today informs my approach to street fashion and is shared by fellow bloggers like Meligrosa of Bikes And The City. Now her "homefries" is blogging his views at notmyrichie and has introduced me to the work of Vivian Maier, an unsung heroine of mid-twentieth century street photography. Just as remarkable is the story of how her trove came to light after languishing decades in obscurity. Thanks, Richie.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I ran across your post and I wanted to see if you're interested in a Vivian Maier style shootout that I'm organizing for this Saturday, June 18. Please take a look at https://www.facebook.com/casadresden and it's the latest blog post on there. If you're interested I'd love to hear from you. We need more participation for this event. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invitation. My weekend plan is to celebrate a family birthday in Virginia. Good luck to your event!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...